It's never too early or too late to protect you face from sun damage. Whether your skin is still virtually wrinkle-free, or you already have wrinkles, using products with super sun-blocking properties will help slow the formation of new lines and age spots—and, most important, skin cancer.
Here's a short list of facial products with sunscreen ingredients and some of the exceptional brands that offer them. All have received the Skin Cancer Foundation's Seal of Recommendation.
- Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70.
- Aveeno Positively Ageless Sunblock Lotion for Face SPF 70.
- Clinique City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25.
- Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Cream Very High Protection SPF 15.
- Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Cream Ultra Protection SPF 30.
- Lancome Soleil Ultra Sunscreen Face and Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin SPF 50.
- Lancome Absolue Soleil Premium Bx Replenishing Sun Protection Face Cream SPF 30.
- DDF Doctor's Dermatologic Formula Matte Finish Photo-Age Protection SPF 30.
- Jane Iredale Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen SPF 30, tanned and translucent.
- Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powders SPF 20.
- Jafra Cosmetics International Skin Defense Makeup with Intellishield SPF 15.
- Jafra Cosmetics International Mineral Makeup SPF 15.
- Physicians Formula Le Velvet Film Makeup SPF 15 (Cream).
- Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF 50.
- Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42.
- Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Powder Foundation SPF 24.
- Vertra Shelter Sun Resistant Foundation Face Stick in natural beige SPF 38.
- Vertra Shelter Sun Resistant Foundation Face Stick in translucent SPF 50.
For more information and a full list of all the brands and products that have received the Seal of Recommendation visit the Skin Cancer Foundation.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun