Three displaced in early morning Savage kitchen fire

Three Savage residents have been displaced after an early morning kitchen fire rendered their home uninhabitable, according to officials from Howard County's Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

Fire officials said firefighters and paramedics were called to the 8800 block of Howard Hills Drive in Savage for reports of smoke at approximately 1 a.m. Friday. Officials said when they arrived, they found a small kitchen fire on the first floor of a residence.

Officials said the three residents living in the home were not home at the time, and that neighbors had safely self-evacuated the area before units responded.

Officials said no one was injured.

Fire officials said it took 20 responders and 10 minutes to control the blaze.  Mutual aide was also provided by the Prince George's Fire Department, officials said.

The three displaced residents are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad