Dan Rodricks: Vanished faces of a West Virginia boom town

Laurel 1911 marathon

Runners stand behind the starting line in front of the Laurel Hotel on Main Street and Route 1 before the 1911 marathon begins. Behind the runners is the former Gayers Saddlery building.
Photo courtesy Laurel Historical Society
Copyright © 2017, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
63°