On May 19, Liberty High School's production of "Tarzan" was recognized with 14 awards from the Cappies (Critics and Awards Program) program.
The Cappies program includes schools from Baltimore, Carroll, Howard, Anne Arundel counties, Baltimore City and southern Harford County. It features high school theater and journalism students who are trained as critics, attend shows at other schools, write reviews and vote for the awards, according to the program's website.
In addition to the April production being named Best Musical, the following students received awards in the Performance category:
• Emily Hoffen, at left, — Lead Actress in a Musical
• Jackie Meissner, at far left, — Best Female Dancer
• Ryan Love — Best Male Dancer
• Apes — Best Ensemble in a Musical
The following students received awards in Technical category:
• Bridget Lindsay and Tech 1 Theatre Class — Best Sets
• Kate Twilley and Costume Team — Best Costumes
• Jeremy Mayo and Tyler Spaid — Best Special Effects
• Alex Dangel and Claire Griffin — Best Marketing and Publicity
• Ryan Love and Meredith Faid — Best Lighting
• Maddie Stanley — Best Hair and Make-Up
• Kasey Nolan and Liberty High stage crew — Best Stage Crew
• Alex Ottone, Conor Powers, Drew Norfolk — Best Sound
Ashleigh Kirker was named Best Junior Critic.