Five Carroll County Public Schools students have been selected to serve as student pages for the 2013 General Assembly session, which starts Jan. 9. Each year, the Legislature chooses high school students from throughout the state to serve as pages on the floor of the House of Delegates and Senate.
Carroll County is eligible to select four representatives and one alternate. Seniors from all eight public high schools in the county were eligible to apply.
The following were selected:
• Bobby Crumbaugh, of North Carroll High School;
• Susan Price, of Westminster High;
• Abigail Shriver, of Westminster High;
• Maya Spaur, of South Carroll High;
• Cole Holocker, of Century High (alternate).
The student pages work for two non-consecutive weeks during the regular session of the legislature. During their assignment, the pages maintain the bill books of individual delegates and senators, run errands, distribute literature and provide general assistance to legislators.