Those chiming church bells you hear are announcing the new season for Christian education and Sunday school programs in our little corner of Baltimore County. Doors swing open to welcome youngsters of all ages into agape love settings each week. Please note: These Sunday schools reopen Sept. 9:
• Arbutus United Methodist Church's classes for every age group meet at 9:40 a.m., 1201 Maple Ave. An experienced teaching team leads the Bible curriculum.
• Christ Deaf Church's Bible teachers combine oral and signed lessons for young learners, 11 a.m., at 1040 S. Beechfield Ave. Hearing and deaf students work together.
Sign on at 410-242-6303,TTY/V.
• Christ United Methodist Church, 2833 Florida Ave., calls young and older for 10:30 a.m. learning hours. The first session features breakfast treats and fellowship before classes begin.
• Halethorpe Community Church's, 1312 Francis Ave., hosts classes for every age. Join these Bible explorers at 9 a.m. and glean life lessons, one verse at a time.
• Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church, 4513 Ridge Ave., invites toddlers through adults to the 9:45 a.m. opening session, where a warm greeting, Bible lessons, music, activities and treats await.
• Hope Presbyterian Church's 10 a.m. age appropriate classes are open to preschool age and up at 4748 Shelbourne Road. Innovative lessons with hands-on activities. Tasty nibbles, too.
• Lansdowne United Methodist Church, 114 Laverne Ave., hosts a 9 a.m. Rally Day. Breakfast yummies precede classes. Preschoolers through teens. Lively interpretations of Bible adventures in each.
Register at 410-247-4624.
• Our Saviour Lutheran Church's autumn season begins at Hillcrest Park, 700 Third Ave., with a 10 a.m. fall gathering. Informal worship and a picnic are planned. The Rev. Kristi Kunkle will accept Sunday school registrations, too.
For details, call her at 410-242-2141.
• St. Stephen Lutheran Church, 901 Courtney Road, begins a yearlong study of Christian creeds. Multi-generational setting. First session: Sept. 16 at 10 a.m.
Registration is underway now at 410-242-0422.
Catholic parishes accept registrations for 2012-13 religious education programs. Each has its own enrollment requirements:
• Ascension Catholic Church, 4603 Poplar Ave. Cathy Carlin, 410-242-2292.
• Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 4414 Wilkens Ave. Gloria Smith, 410-242-9533.
• St. Clement Catholic Church, 2700 Washington Ave. Mary Bosley, 410-242-1025.
A Harvest Festival-Flea Mart calls community residents to Christ United Methodist Church from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8. Tables full of bargains, games and contests for youngsters, sweet treats, light lunch choices and great camaraderie for all.
Call Elaine Rogic at 410-789-9058.
The Christian Temple band will strike patriotic chords on the patio at Lansdowne Christian Church's free outdoor concert at 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9, 101 Clyde Ave. Open to all music lovers. Take folding chairs.
Call Pastor Owings, 410-242-4821.
"Revelation Revealed" is the Rev. Claire Fiedler's fall Bible study in Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church on Mondays, 7:15-8:30 p.m. First session meets Sept. 10.
Tell her you're attending at 410-242-5918.
Arbutus United Methodist Church's Community Hobby Fair runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15. Collectors and crafters will share their unique talents and finished works with viewers of all ages. Food and beverages all day, rain or shine.
St. Clement Catholic Church hosts a Fall Festival Fiesta on Sunday, Sept. 23, with a bilingual 10 a.m. Mass. Then process to the gym for games, contests, food, music and fun in a colorful setting.
Tickets for Ascension Parish's Oct. 6 Oktoberfest are on sale at the parish center, 4603 Poplar Ave., $25 per adult. A menu of German specialties, traditional music, games of chance, a raffle and good socializing are offered from 5-9 p.m. in Brewer Hall.