Each spring, an ecumenical, three-hour service is held in a member church during which local pastors and lay speakers, choirs, soloists, interpretive dancers, instrumentalists, readers and dramatists combine talents to present a moving portrayal of Jesus' final hours.
Halethorpe-Relay United Methodist Church, 4513 Ridge Ave., is this year's host Friday, April 6, from noon to 3 p.m. Handicap access available on Park Avenue. Times for entrances or exits are built into the service. Greeters assist.
The Rev. Claire Fiedler has the "Seven Last Words" program in hand.
Call her, 410-242-5918, to add your voice or just mark the date on your calendar.
The Resurrection butterfly egg hunt for youngsters takes place from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 24, in Arbutus United Methodist Church, 1201 Maple Ave. A free brunch offers eggceptional choices, festive games and eggplorations. Rain or shine.
Little ones may hop over to Violetville United Methodist Church, 3648 Coolidge Ave., to share breakfast with the Easter Bunny from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 31. Eggstra special entrees and beverages plus a yummy bake table and carryouts, too. Freewill offerings.
Walk in or call 410-525-3191.
Fried fish, shrimp, macaroni and cheese, stewed tomatoes, coleslaw, dessert and drinks will be served Fridays, March 23 and 30, 5-7 p.m. in Ascension Parish's Brewer Hall, 4601 Maple Ave. Adults and carry outs cost $10; those under age 12 pay $8.
Expert or novice crafters may create Easter wreaths and bake Resurrection rolls with Our Saviour Lutheran Church's creative members 7 p.m. Friday, March 23, at 141 Laverne Ave. A $5 supply fee pays your way in.
• Our Saviour's Pastor Kristi Kunkle leads a community palm procession at 9:30 a.m. Sunday, April 1. Lansdowne's quiet streets will resound with joyous notes from Interfaith Partnership members' "hosannas!"
Call her at 410-242-2141.
Coffee lovers can exress their delight at Hope Presbyterian Church's Basement Cafe 6:30 p.m. Saturday, March 24, at 4748 Shelbourne Road. Good music, great brews, tasty nibbles and fellowship are promised.
Walk in and sip or call 410-247-4673.
Members of St. Stephen Lutheran Church will hold a palm procession at 9 am. Sunday, April 1. Look for these celebrants in the Maiden Choice area. Then join their ranks and process back to the church, 901 Courtney Road, for a 9:30 a.m. "Hosanna Worship."
Call Pastor Roberts at 410-242-0422.
Lansdowne's Interfaith Partnership offers "Who is Jesus?" at Wednesday gatherings. Potluck meals begin at 6 p.m.; learning sessions follow at 7 p.m.
• March 21, Christ United Methodist Church, 2833 Florida Ave., "Jesus, the Party Goer" is the topic.
• March 28, "A Leader of Losers" is explored in Our Saviour Lutheran Church, 141 Laverne Ave.
• The Rev. Gene Nickol discusses "Obedience Brings Freedom" Wednesday, March 28, in Ascension Catholic Church, 4603 Poplar Ave. The 9-10:30 a.m. and 7-8:30 p.m.sessions feature follow-up questions.
• The story of Jonah leaps from the Bible to the stage Friday, April 20, at the Sight and Sound Theater. St. Clement Sodality has a few remaining seats for the performance. A $95 fee covers the bus, show and a Shady Maple lunch.
Call Eileen Kus at 410-859-0988.