Third person arrested in Edgewood shooting, fourth still at large

A third person has been arrested in an Edgewood shooting last month that put a 27-year-old man in the Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, where he remains in serious condition.

Two people arrested in late April in connection with the April 9 shooting are being held without bail at the Harford County Detention Center.

A third person, Corey Dante Wilson, 25, who has addresses in the 300 block of Mountain Road in Fallston and the 12000 block of Lanner Place in Laurel, was arrested Wednesday, according to Harford County Sheriff's office Spokesperson Monica Worrell.

Wilson and the two previously arrested, Phillip Anthony Mack, 26, of the 1800 block of Waltman Road in Edgewood, and Malaika Kimani Cook, 21, of the 1300 block of Jervis Square in Belcamp, have been charged with attempted first- and second-degree murder, attempted armed carjacking, armed robbery, attempted theft less than $100, first- and second-degree assault and the use of a firearm in a felony violent crime.

Deputies are still looking for the alleged shooter, David Vernon Scott, 21, of the 600 block of Otter Creek Road in Edgewood, and have issued a warrant for his arrest, Worrell said Thursday. He is expected to face similar charges.

The incident dates to April 9 at 9:20 p.m., when deputies responded to the 1900 block of Waltman Road for the report of person who had been shot. Upon their arrival, deputies found a man lying in the street with a gunshot wound to his face. Quentin Van Stepney Jr., of Edgewood, was taken to shock trauma in Baltimore.

Worrell confirmed Thursday Stepney is still in shock trauma.

A white van was found near Stepney against a tree, in reverse and still running, according to charging documents. It was later learned that Stepney had been using the van prior to being shot and had been contacted by Cook to meet her on Waltman Road.

Once there, Cook got in the front seat and Mack, Wilson and Scott approached the vehicle, according to charging documents. At that time, Mack and Scott allegedly put handguns in Stepney's face, and there was a struggle as Mack, Wilson and Scott allegedly attempted to steal the vehicle and money.

Stepney prevented the carjacking by putting the van in reverse, but he was then shot in the head, according to charging documents.

After hearing comments from Wilson's public defender and an assistant state's attorney at a bail review hearing Thursday in Bel Air, District Court Judge John L. Dunnigan ordered that Wilson continue to be held without bail at the Harford County Detention Center.

Public Defender Marcus Jenkins requested a reasonable bail, saying that Wilson has been in Maryland his entire life and in Harford County for three-to-four years.

Assistant State's Attorney Tracey J. Delp called Wilson a risk of flight and a risk to the community, noting that in her paperwork, Wilson has four addresses listed.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad