Harford County firefighters responded to a house on fire in Abingdon Saturday evening that caused about $85,000 in damage to the dwelling and its contents, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office.
No one was injured in the fire in the 3100 block of Philadelphia Road (Route 7) near 4 Seasons Drive, according to the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association's media Facebook page.
First units on the scene reported smoke showing from a two-story, single-family home, according to the association.
Volunteers from the Abingdon, Joppa and Bel Air volunteer fire companies responded, as did firefighters from the Aberdeen Proving Ground Fire Department.
Route 7 was closed between Abingdon Road and Route 24 while the fire was brought under control, according to the association.
In a notice of investigation about the fire issued Monday morning, the Fire Marshal's Office said 50 firefighters responded and brought the fire under control in 30 minutes.
The fire started in the kitchen and was caused by unattended cooking, according to the notice of investigation. The occupants of the home, Bradley and Audrey Pillar, discovered the fire and called 9-1-1, according to the Fire Marshal's Office.
The estimated damage includes $75,000 to the dwelling and $10,000 to contents, the Fire Marshal's Office said. The home has working smoke detectors.
Information on the cause and the extent of damage was not available Sunday.