A bittersweet farewell to Frank M. Reid at Bethel AME
The Baltimore Sun

Hall's Cross Roads evacuated Wednesday after nearby gas smell

Students at Hall's Cross Roads Elementary School were briefly evacuated Wednesday morning after a gas leak on a nearby property.

"They were evacuated for approximately 15 minutes," Harford County Public Schools spokeswoman Teri Kranefeld said Thursday morning. "It was the result of a gas smell from a neighboring area: Roosevelt Avenue. The issue was not with the school."

The evacuation happened at about 8:59 a.m. after reports of a gas smell.

About 40 minutes earlier, a gas line was also hit at a construction site in the first block of Taft Street, about half a mile from the school.

It is not clear if the two incidents are related.

Copyright © 2016, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
81°