New charges filed against teen driver in July Forest Hill crash

New charges have been filed in a case against an 18-year-old who was involved in an accident in Forest Hill July 4 that sent him and the two teenage girls he was driving to Baltimore hospitals.

Kyle Blake Warfield, 18, of the 2500 block of Pinehurst Avenue in Forest Hill, was charged Tuesday with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while impaired by alcohol, driving under the influence of alcohol while transporting a minor, driving an uninsured vehicle, driving with alcohol in his system as a violation of a license restriction and failure of a driver involved in an accident to render assistance to an injured person.

Previous charges of operating an unregistered motor vehicle, speeding, failure to control a vehicle to avoid a collision and reckless and negligent driving are listed as inactive in the Maryland online case search site.

Warfield was released from the Harford County Detention Center on $7,500 bond.

Warfield was driving a 2005 Dodge SRT north in the 2500 block of Pinehurst Avenue around 3:05 a.m. Wednesday and speeding when he lost control and hit an embankment, according to a Harford County Sheriff's Office accident report.

He was taken to Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore. His passengers, Jessica Lynn Siemasko, 16, of Fallston, and Mercedes Nicole Demski, 15, of Bel Air, were flown to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, according to the report.

The vehicle was also listed as unregistered, which Monica Worrell, the spokesperson for the sheriff's office said later was because it was a new vehicle and Warfield allegedly switched license plates from a different registered vehicle to the Dodge before driving it.

"It is against the law to take the tags from one car and place them on another car," she wrote in an e-mail. "Each vehicle must be registered and insured."

Two of the three teenagers were trapped in the vehicle when the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company responded, according to the company's website. It took about 15 minutes to extricate them.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad