The Orlando Magic worked out six draft prospects on Wednesday in Orlando, a team official said.
The prospects are: Moe Harkless from St. John’s, William Buford from Ohio State, Cameron Moore from UAB, Andrew Nicholson from St. Bonaventure, Darrion Pellum from Hampton and Jeff Taylor from Vanderbilt.
The Magic own the 19th and 49th overall picks in the draft, which will be held June 28.
- Harkless is a 6-foot-8 wing who played one season for the Red Storm. He averaged 15.5 points per game on 45.2 percent shooting.
- A 6-foot-5 shooting guard, Buford played four seasons for the Buckeyes. He averaged 14.5 points per game on 41.9 percent shooting.
- Moore is a 6-foot-10 forward who played four seasons for the Blazers. As a senior, he averaged 16.1 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game.
- A 6-foot-9 forward, Nicholson played four seasons for the Bonnies. He averaged 18.5 points and 8.4 rebounds as a senior.
- Pellum is a 6-foot-6 guard. He played four seasons for the Pirates, finishing his senior season averaging 18.3 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game.
- A 6-foot-7 wing, Taylor averaged 16.1 points and 5.6 rebounds per game as a senior with the Commodores.
ProBasketballDraft.com also tweeted Wednesday that Buford, Harkless and Taylor participated.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun