The Orlando Magic have narrowed their field of general manager candidates to three finalists: Jeff Bower, Rob Hennigan and Dennis Lindsey.
Over the next day, we’re going to take a closer look at each finalist.
Current job: Vice president and assistant general manager, San Antonio Spurs
• Native Texan.
• Began his post-college working career by spending two seasons as an assistant coach at Southwest High School in Fort Worth, Texas, followed by two seasons as an assistant coach at Pensacola (Fla.) Junior College (now known as Pensacola State College).
• He has said he once wanted to be a head coach of a college basketball team.
• Joined the Houston Rockets during the summer of 1996 as a video coordinator and scout and worked his way up the ladder. He was named the team’s director of basketball development in 1998, was promoted to director of player personnel in 1999 and was elevated to vice president of basketball operations/player personnel in 2002.
• Hired by the San Antonio Spurs in the summer of 2007 as their vice president and assistant general manager.
• Since 2008, he’s been in the hunt for GM vacancies for several teams — including the Atlanta Hawks, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Phoenix Suns and the Toronto Raptors — but reportedly withdrew from consideration.
• He and his wife have four children.
Baylor’s athletic department wrote a profile of Lindsey in 2009 that provides some insight. You can read that article by clicking here.