The 66th season of Mount Dora's community theater is a mix of music, dance, nostalgia, romance and laughter. The six-show season opens July 19, 2013, and runs through June 8, 2014.
The performance schedule will be Thursdays 7:30 p.m.; Fridays 8 p.m.; Saturdays 2 p.m. (the first, second and fourth weeks); Saturdays 8 p.m. (the third and fourth weeks) and Sundays 2 p.m. Performances are at The Sonnentag Theatre at the IceHouse, 1100 N. Unser St., Mount Dora.
There are various membership and season-ticket packages, as well as single tickets for shows. For details, go to http://www.icehousetheatre.com or call 352-383-4616.
Here's the lineup:
• OLIVER!: July 19-Aug. 4. Dickens' timeless characters are brought to life in this ever-popular story of the orphan boy who dared to ask for more. The sensational score includes "Food Glorious Food," "Consider Yourself," "You've Got to Pick a Pocket or Two," "I'd Do Anything," and "As Long As He Needs Me."
• NOISES OFF: Sept. 20-Oct. 13. A second-rate company of actors wreak havoc onstage and backstage in this show-business farce.
• FIDDLER ON THE ROOF: Nov. 22-Dec. 15. A poor Russian Jew, Tevye, tries to instill in his five daughters a sense of tradition in one of the most-loved musicals of all time.
• SMOKEY JOE'S CAFÉ: Jan. 24-Feb. 16. Musical revue featuring 40 hit songs of the top songwriting team of the 1950s and 1960s.
• OVER THE RIVER AND THROUGH THE WOODS: March 28-April 20. New Jersey guy Nick has the opportunity to move across the country — but his devoted grandparents conspire to keep him close to home in this comedy.
• DUCK HUNTER SHOOTS ANGEL: May 16-June 8. Two bumbling Alabama hunters who believe they have shot an angel are chased by a cynical tabloid journalist in this comedy.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun