E-mail this image
Sanibel and Captiva Islands
SANIBEL ISLAND LIGHTHOUSE - Sanibel Island, FL
- Active: Yes
- Characteristics: Flashing white twice every six seconds.
- Height: 112 feet, 101 steps
- History: Constructed 1884. First Lighted August 20, 1884. On National Register Listing.
- Lens: Original: Third-order revolving Fresnel lens (1884-1923). Third-order fixed Fresnel lens (1923-1962). Present: 300mm lantern. Focal Plane: 98 feet.
- Other Buildings: Two elevated, wood-frame keeper's dwellings (1884); brick oil storage house (1894).
- 26 27 11 N
- 82 00 51 W
- Operated by: United States Coast Guard
- Visit Status: Grounds Only
- Facilities: Museum, Gift Shop
- Visitor Info: The lighthouse is on the grounds of a city park. Lighthouse is closed, keepers dwellings are residences for city employees. Grounds only open.
January 7, 2009