E-mail this image
Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse - Pompano Beach, FL
HHILLSBORO INLET LIGHTHOUSE - Pompano Beach, FL
- Active: Yes
- Characteristics: Flashing white every twenty seconds.
- Height: 142 feet, 175 steps
- Lens: Original: 2nd order bivalve Fresnel lens by Barbier Benard et Turenne, floating in a trough of mercury (1907-1992). Present: original lens with modern ball bearing system (2000). Focal Plane: 132 feet.
- Other Buildings: Originally 3 keeper's quarters, 3 barns, oil house & boat shed. Now has 2 keeper's quarters, 2 converted barns & 1 converted radio/generator building.
- 26 15 33 N
- 80 04 51 W
- Operated by: United States Coast Guard
- Visit Status: Limited access to the public. For more info. Phone (954) 942-2102 to receive Q & A messages
- Days Open: 4 tours a year, see HLPS website for dates.
- Facilities: Museum, Barefoot Mailman statue & 16 other points of interests.
- Hours Open: First boat leaves 9:00 am (then approx. every 45 min.) Last boat leaves at 3:00 pm. Boat location: Sands Harbor Hotel north dock, 125 N. Riverside Dr., Pompano Beach 33062.
January 7, 2009