E-mail this image
Egmont Key Lighthouse - Tampa Bay
EGMONT KEY - Tampa Bay
- Active: Yes
- Characteristics: Fixed white light (originally; flashing white every fifteen seconds (currently).
- Height: 76 feet, 99 steps
- History: Constructed 1857-1858. First Lighted May 1858. On National Register Listing.
- Lens: Original: Third-order fixed Fresnel lens; Henry-LePaute (1858). Present: DCB-24 electric rotating beacon.
- Other Buildings: Radio and generator building, oil storage house, modern staff quarters.
- 27 36 03 N
- 82 45 38 W
- Operated by: United States Coast Guard and Florida Park Service
- Visit Status: Accessible by boat
- Facilities: None, no handicap access
- Hours Open: Varied
- Visitor Info: The grounds are open to the public daily, base of tower open occasionally.
January 7, 2009