LEESBURG – One firefighter was injured after putting out a house fire, police say, late Thursday night.

According to the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department, seven fire departments responded to the scene at 10:06 p.m. after dispatch was notified of a fire alarm going off in a home located on the North Shore of Tippecanoe Lake.

Police say a Leesburg firefighter was injured from the fire and was transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital and then was transferred to St. Joseph Burn Center in Fort Wayne. He suffered facial burns and is in fair condition. The fire department is not releasing his name at this time.

The home belonged to Jerry and Norma Ferguson, said police. They are currently in Florida when the fire began.

Police say they believe the fire could have started in the attic where electrical roof/gutter heaters were installed. The fire is currently under investigation.