YORK CITY--—A York City man has died after temperatures soared well above 110 degrees in his apartment. The body of Barry Sanders, 63, was discovered on Friday night along the 200 block of Roosevelt Avenue.
Sanders was found dead inside his third floor apartment where there was only a single fan working. The York County Coroner says the apartment did not have air conditioning and Sanders died of Hyperthermia.
Hyperthermia is a condition in which the body overheats. In such cases, a person's body temperature rises rapidly. Very high body temperatures can damage the brain or other vital organs.
Sanders death has been ruled accidental.