NEW YORK (WPIX)—Vice President Joe Biden said Sunday that he has no doubt that self-proclaimed 9./11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be found guilty -- regardless of whether he has a civilian or military trial.
In a recent television interview, Biden said the administration has not ruled out a military tribunal for Mohammed, but said it was less preferable than holding a civilian trial. President Barack Obama would make the final decision, he said.
Mohammed and the four other Sept. 11 suspects are currently being held at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Attorney General Eric Holder announced last year that the terror trials would be held in federal court in lower Manhattan, near the World Trade Center site. But, city officials have voiced opposition to the idea because of security and logistical concerns.
Obama's national security adviser, James Jones, said "the whole thing is under review," and that Obama's "best advice will come through the attorney general's office."