The "Trumpster" has spoken, and Miss California Carrie Prejean will get to keep her crown even though she failed to disclose she had posed in her underwear as a teenager.

Trump, who owns the Miss USA pageant, made the announcement Tuesday at a press conference at Trump Tower in Manhattan. Prejean, 21, was by Trump's side when he explained his decision.

"We've made a determination that the pictures taken were acceptable," he said. "In many cases they were actually lovely pictures."

Trump also came out in defense of Prejean's statement that she believes marriage is between a man and a woman, a response she gave when asked about the issue by judge Perez Hilton at last month's Miss USA pageant.

"It's the same answer the President of the United States gave. It's the same answer that many people gave," said Trump. "She gave an honorable answer. She gave an answer from her heart. And I think for that she has to be commended."

Trump said Prejean has taken a tremendous amount of abuse and she agreed. The Miss USA first runner up said right after the pageant, Hilton, a celebrity Blogger and gay activist, began what she called a "cultural firestorm" in the media.

"I am honored to be here today, to finally let my voice be heard, and address the hateful attacks, despicable rumors, and false allegations I have had within the last three weeks," she said. She talked about receiving thousands of letters and emails from people who supported her, and choked back tears when she thanked her parents who were there with her.