Heirloom Tomato Salad with herb vinaigrette
Recipe by Mike Behmoiras
1 1/2 pounds of heirloom tomatoes in various colors
2oz feta cheese
1/4 small red onion
1. Peel the cucumber and cut into quarters, using a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Slice the cucumber as thinly as you can.
2. Peel and slice the red onion.
3. Cut up the tomatoes into various sizes.
4. Crumble up the feta cheese.
5. Arrange the cucumber slices on the plate, then arrange the tomato pieces on the plate. Sprinkle the onion and crumbled feta on top.
6. Spoon the herb vinaigrette on top of the salad and serve.
1/2 clove garlic peeled
1 medium shallot peeled
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Ground black pepper to taste
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
In a blender or food processor, place garlic, shallot, water, vinegar, salt and pepper and blend for a few seconds.
Restart blender at a medium to low speed and with blender running, slowly trickle half of the olive oil into the blender.
Stop blender, add all the fresh herbs and blend once more.
Add leftover oil while machine is running for a few seconds longer.
Taste and adjust seasoning with pepper.