RedEye’s Chick-fil-A For a Year Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. The Contest: RedEye’s Chick-fil-A For a Year Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 9:00 a.m. (CT) on June 7, 2011 and ends at 9:00 a.m. (CT) on June 13, 2011 (“Contest Period”). The sponsor of this Contest is RedEye, a publication of Chicago Tribune Company, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 (the “Sponsor”). Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all individuals who are 18 years of age or over at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Sponsor and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Contest, are not eligible to participate. This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the following Illinois counties: Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, Will or Cook. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE ABOVE-LISTED COUNTIES.
3. To Enter: During the Contest Period, email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your entry email, you must include your first and last name, date of birth, home address and your craziest waiting in line story (the “Story”). Your Story must be about an experience you had waiting in line for something, tickets, dinner, a movie, whatever. Your Story must not include any discussion of illegal or dangerous activity. Your Story must be in English. Limit one entry per person. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, garbled, or that cannot be processed for any reason. Contestants agree that all decisions made by Sponsor relating to any and all issues related to this Contest are final and binding.
4. Winner Selection: On or about June 13, 2011, a panel of judges will select one Grand Prize winner and one First Prize winner. Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: clarity and cohesiveness of Story and creativity and originality of ideas in the Story. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winners via email. Failure to respond within 24 hours of attempted notification may result in disqualification, and a new winner may be picked by using the criteria set forth above. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release and certain tax documents. Winners may also be required to complete, sign and return a release of all right, title and interest in the Story. Failure to return all such documents set forth herein within 24 hours of receipt of same will result in the winner being disqualified and another winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries, based on the criteria set forth above. Guest of First Prize winner (or parent or legal guardian in the event guest is a minor) may be required to sign and return Release prior to attending Premiere Party.
5. Prizes: One Grand Prize: Chick-fil-A lunch for a year. Lunch for a year consists of 52 certificates, each good for one combo lunch for one person. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $350. One First Prize: Two tickets to the Chick-fil-A “Premiere Party” the new Chick-fil-A at Chicago and Rush streets in Chicago at 7:30 pm (CT) on June 14, 2011. ARV: $50. Total ARV of all prizes: $400. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event offered prizes are unavailable for any reason. Prizes are nontransferable and nonassignable. Winner responsible for all taxes on prize and all expenses not specifically provided for herein. Gift cards subject to terms and conditions thereon.
6. Representations and Warranties/Indemnity: Contestants represent and warrant that no laws were broken in the creation of the Stories and that their Stories are their own original creations, have not been copied in whole from any other work, have not been previously published, do not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy rights and copyrights), do not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, and do not contain offensive, vulgar, obscene or profane content. Stories that do not comply with these Official Rules shall be disqualified. Contestants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
7. General Terms and Conditions: Contestants grant to Sponsor a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual license to use their Stories, including any ideas contained therein, in any manner related to the Contest, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Contestants otherwise will retain all rights to their Stories. Sponsor reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any contestant they find to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Contest, to be showing a disregard for these Official Rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor cancels, terminates, modifies, or suspends the Contest during the Entry Period, Sponsor will post notice of their action on the RedEye website and will determine winners from among all valid, eligible entries received as of the date of termination. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will more prizes be awarded than are provided for in these Official Rules.
8. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, prize provider, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for injury or damage to contestants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Releasees are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, satellite, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any equipment or programming associated with or used in this Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of Contest entry process.
9. Publicity Release: By entering this Contest, contestants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness, and any information provided on entry form in any medium of communication, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsor and its licensees and affiliates, without additional compensation.
10. Winners List: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Scott Kleinberg, at RedEye, 435 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. Requests must be received by no later than September 30, 2011.
RULES: Free Chick-fil-A for a year
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.