*Slowly diversifying. Even though white men account for about 3 out of every 4 people on this list, that's actually a bit more diverse than in years past.
*Got religion? Since the first year of this ranking, I've highlighted the lack of religious leaders on this list. Two men are finally getting closer: Bishop Thomas Wenski of the Orlando Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church and the Rev. Joel C. Hunter from Northland -- A Church Distributed.
6. Jim Pugh, developer
7. Harris Rosen, hotel magnate
8. Meg Crofton, Walt Disney World president
9. Bill Nelson, U.S. senator
10. Al Weiss, Walt Disney parks and resorts worldwide president
11. Dean Cannon, Florida House speaker-designate
12. Clarence Otis, Darden Restaurants CEO
13. Rasesh Thakkar/Joe Lewis, the Tavistock Group
14. Jacob Stuart, Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce
15. Alex Martins/Rich DeVos, the Orlando Magic
16. Dick Batchelor, consultant and former legislator
17. Jim Seneff, CNL Financial Group CEO
18. Fred Leonhardt, GrayRobinson partner
19. Dan Webster, state Senate majority leader
20. Andy Gardiner, state legislator
21. Jane Healy, Orlando Sentinel editorial page editor
22. Kathy Waltz, Orlando Sentinel publisher
2007 Most Powerful People in Central Florida
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.