Mary W. Robinson, a former Towson resident who worked in real estate sales, died July 4 at Morningside of Charlottesville, a Charlottesville, Va., assisted-living facility, of complications from multiple falls. She was 81.
The daughter of Frank Herman Wedemeyer and Elizabeth Holzgrefe Wedemeyer, German immigrant poultry farmers, Mary Wedemeyer was born and raised in Richmond, Va., where she graduated in 1951 from Cathedral High School.
She was a graduate of the Pan American Business College in Richmond.
In 1954, she married Frank Harry Robinson.
Mrs. Robinson and her husband, who was in sales with Reynolds Metal Co., settled in the late 1950s on Sonachan Court in Towson, where they raised their family.
In the late 1960s, Mrs. Robinson earned her real estate license and worked in residential sales for Russell T. Baker & Co., where she was a top producer, and subsequently for O'Conor, Piper & Flynn and Long & Foster. She retired in 2005.
Mrs. Robinson had volunteered with Florence Crittenton Services of Baltimore and the Shriner's Hospital for Children.
In 2005, Mrs. Robinson and her husband moved to Oxford, Fla.
She was a member of the Bou-Tem-Sci Club, Red Hat Society and the Ladies of the Elks, and had been a communicant of St. Thomas' Episcopal Church in Towson.
"She was funny, witty, had an infectious laugh, was stubborn and independent and will be truly missed," said daughter Sue Ann Huger of Lexington, Va.
Plans for a memorial service to be held in Baltimore are incomplete.
In addition to her husband and daughter, Mrs. Robinson is survived by another daughter, Mary Beth Robinson of Towson; a brother, Frank Wedemeyer of Roanoke, Va.; three sisters, Elizabeth Boarman of Ellicott City, Ann Lindsay of Dublin, Va., and Rita Baird of Richmond, Va.; four grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.