Get complete inauguration coverage here.
Questions about this quiz? Let us know.
1. Which of the three following precedents did George Washington NOT set?
A. Kissing the Bible after the oath
B. Ending the oath with the words "So help me God"
C. Being inaugurated out-of-doors in Washington D.C.
2. Which of the following happened at JFK's inauguration?
A. A low-flying bird buzzed the podium
B. There was a small electrical fire behind the podium
C. One of the chairs in the first row collapsed
D. The audio system stopped working
3. What is the total number of poets that have read at past inaugurations?
4. What caused poet Robert Frost to make a last-minute switch from his poem "Dedication" to "The Gift Outright" at John F. Kennedy's inauguration?
A. Kennedy didn't like what Frost had written.
B. He lost the paper with "Dedication" on it.
C. Mrs. Kennedy requested "The Gift Outright" be read.
D. He couldn't see the paper because of the blinding sun.
5. Who was the first president to be inaugurated at the Capitol in Washington D.C.?
A. Thomas Jefferson
B. George Washington
C. Andrew Jackson
D. Harry Truman
6. Who was the last president to wear a traditional stove pipe hate to the inauguration?
A. Franklin D. Roosevelt
B. Warren Harding
C. John F. Kennedy
D. Lyndon B. Johnson
7. Whose was the first oath administered by a woman?
A. Dwight D. Eisenhower
B. Lyndon B. Johnson
C. Richard Nixon
D. Bill Clinton
8. Which president's inauguration was the first to be broadcast live on the Internet?
A. George H. W. Bush
B. Bill Clinton
C. George W. Bush
D. It hasn't happened yet
9. Which president's inauguration was the first to fall on Super Bowl Sunday?
A. Richard Nixon
B. Gerald Ford
C. Ronald Reagan
10. Bonus related to the last question -- Who played in the Super Bowl that year?
A. Minnesota Vikings and the Miami Dolphins
B. Miami Dolphins and the San Francisco 49ers
C. Buffalo Bills and the Dallas Cowboys
D. New York Jets and the Baltimore Colts
Copyright © 2014 Chicago Tribune Company, LLC
The Baltimore Sun, 501 N. Calvert Street, P.O. Box 1377, Baltimore, MD 21278