By Michael Dresser
11:18 AM EST, November 5, 2013
Larry Hogan, the former Ehrlich administration official who has held open the possibility of jumping in to the race for the Republican nomination for governor, remained coy about his intentions Tuesday as his Change Maryland organization planned a Nov. 22 gathering in Annapolis.
For now, the GOP contest remains a three-man race pitting Harford County Executive David R. Craig, Del. Ron George of Anne Arundel County and Charles County business executive Charles Lollar. But Hogan has said he could still jump into the June 24 primary race.
Hogan, who was appointments secretary to Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr., briefly considered a run in 2010 before his old boss launched his unsuccessful bid to unseat Gov. Martin O'Malley. Since then Hogan has built up Change Maryland into a statewide conservative network, keeping up constant criticism of O'Malley's policies and budget priorities.
The Nov. 22 event is billed as a Fall Harvest Party, and with tickets of $100 for regular folks and $250 for VIPs the organization is looking to reap some cash.
Whether attendees will be treated to a significant news announcement remains in doubt. Hogan has ruled out an announcement until the end of the year but hasn't defined what that means.
On Tuesday, he continued to keep his options open, saying "we'll have to find out on Nov. 22" what his plans are.
"When we're going to announce, we'll announce that we're going to announce," Hogan said.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun