Fire crews rescued a person trapped in a burning Maryland City home early Saturday in a two-alarm fire on Old Line Avenue that displaced five adults.
Anne Arundel County fire fighters arriving around 2:45 a.m. Saturday found a fire in the rear of a house in the 400 block of Old Line, and were told that a person was trapped in the basement. Fire crews located the person, who was taken to a local hospital with serious, non-life threatening injuries. Units from Fort Meade, Prince George's County and Howard County fire departments helped battle the two-alarm fire, which was in control in about an hour, fire officials said.
Fire investigators said unattended cooking contributed to the fire, and estimated there was $50,000 in damages.
The home's smoke alarms alerted the residents to the fire, and the adults displaced by the fire are being assisted by the Red Cross, fire officials said.
Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun