The Howard County Public School System is holding another attendance area committee meeting on the middle school redistricting process Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 6:30 p.m. at the Department of Education in Ellicott City.
This is the sixth and final meeting of the attendance area committee, and members will review public input from two previous community meetings earlier this month and put together any final recommendations to school staff, who then make the final recommendation to the Board of Education.
The meeting is open to the public.
An online survey on middle school redistricting will be available through Oct. 1 at hcpssne.ws/17Jr0Y4.
The middle school redistricting process could move more than 1,200 students in 2014 in order to open a new middle school in Hanover's Oxford Square development.
Upcoming middle school redistricting meetings are as follows:
• Tuesday, Oct. 22, 7:30 p.m. — Presentation of staff's final redistricting recommendation
• Tuesday, Oct. 29, 7 p.m. — Public hearing
• Wednesday, Oct. 30, 7:30 p.m. — Work session
• Monday, Nov. 4, 7:30 p.m. — Public hearing
• Friday, Nov. 15, 10 a.m. — Work session
• Tuesday, Nov. 19, 7:30 p.m. — Work session
• Thursday, Nov. 21, 7:30 p.m. — Final vote on middle school redistricting
All meetings are open to the public and take place at the Department of Education in Ellicott City.
For more information on the Oct. 1 first meeting, contact Jennifer Bubenko at 410-313-1554 or at email@example.com.
For more information on redistricting and school planning, visit hcpss.org/schoolplanning.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun