• Calorically sweetened cold beverages shall contain no more than 40 calories per 8 oz. serving and shall be in a container no larger than 17 oz.
• Fruit and/or vegetable-based beverages shall contain 100 percent juice or 100 percent juice that is diluted with water. These offerings shall not exceed 8 oz. or 150 calories and shall be no salt or low-sodium varieties.
• Milk, fortified soy milk and other milk substitute beverages shall be unflavored, low-fat or non-fat and contain no more than 22 grams of total sugar per 8 oz. serving or be in a container no larger than 8 oz.
• Diet drinks with with non-caloric sweeteners shall have less than 5 calories per serving and will constitute no more than one third of the total beverage offerings.
• Water with no added caloric content or non-caloric sweeteners must be sold as part of total beverage offerings.
50 percent of the packaged food offered (not including gum or mints) shall meet all of the following criteria:
• No more than 200 calories per portion as packaged
• No more than 35 percent of calories shall be from fat, with the exception of packages that contain 100 percent nuts or seeds; snack mixes and other foods of which nuts are a part must meet the 35 percent standard
• No more than 10 percent of calories shall be from saturated fat
• No trans-fat
• No more than 35 percent of calories from total sugars, except for yogurt with no more than 30 grams of total sugars, per 8 oz. portion as packaged
• Sodium content of 200 mg or less per portion as packaged
Source: Howard County government