Wegmans of Columbia has partnered with the Howard County Department of Recreation & Parks and the Columbia Association to deliver programming incentivizing the use of the county's trail system.
The initiative is called Howard County's Nature Quest and was developed using Wegmans Passport to Family Wellness program -- which the grocer first developed in 2005.
The Wegmans Passport program gives participants a pocket-sized booklet guiding them through 16 county trails -- eight managed by CA and eight by the county.
Participants can record their progress by stamping their passport with a trail marker located at a designated point on each trail. Those who walk all eight of the county or CA's respective trails will receive giveaways from that organization, and those who walk all 16 are entered into a raffle for a $100 Wegmans Gift Card.
The free passports are available beginning July 1 at the following locations:
- Howard County Recreation & Parks Headquarters, 7120 Oakland Mills Road, Columbia
- Roger Carter Community Center, 3000 Milltowne Drive, Ellicott City
- Gary J. Arthur Community Center, 2400 Route 97, Cooksville
- North Laurel Community Center, 9411 Whiskey Bottom Road, Laurel
- Robinson Nature Center, 6692 Cedar Lane, Columbia
- Meadowbrook Athletic Complex, 5001 Meadowbrook Lane, Ellicott City
- CA Headquarters, 10221 Wincopin Circle #100, Columbia
- Wegmans, 8855 McGaw Road, Columbia.