The 20th annual Symphony of Lights, a 20-minute drive-through more than 70 holiday light displays in Symphony Woods in Columbia, will open Monday, Nov. 25, and continue through Jan. 5.
The 1.4-mile drive will be open from 6 to 10 nightly, except on Dec. 31 when it will close for the Midnight at 7 event at the same location.
The display, which is presented by Macy's, is run by the Howard Hospital Foundation as a fundraiser for Howard County General Hospital. Proceeds during the past 19 years total more than $1 million.
In addition to the nightly drives, Symphony of Lights offers special events:
• Dazzle Dash kicks off Symphony of Lights with a run/walk through the lights as well as games and activities for children, food, music, entertainment and giveaways. Dazzle Dash takes place Saturday, Nov. 23, from 5 to 7:30 p.m. for runners only and Sunday, Nov. 24, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. for walkers only.
• Military appreciation nights on Tuesday, Dec. 3, and Thursday, Dec. 12, offer members of the military with military ID $10 off the regular price of admission.
• Blinkin' Binkies is a walk through the lights for families with young children on Thursday, Dec. 5, from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. Strollers and wagons are welcome.
• Tail Lights is a walk through the lights for dogs and their owners on Tuesday, Dec. 10, from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m.
• Midnight at 7 is a New Year's Eve celebration for families Dec. 31 beginning at 5 p.m. and culminating with fireworks at 7 p.m. (weather permitting). The event offers a walk through the lights display and other activities.
Admission is $20 per car or van containing up to eight passengers. Tickets can be purchased at the main gate.
Coupons for $5 off are available at http://www.hcgh.org/symphonyoflights and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/symphonyoflightsfestivities). Event information is available by calling the Symphony of Lights Information Line at 410-740-7666 or by going to the website.
Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun