It's time to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies while enjoying some long-awaited spring weather.
The 2014 farmers market season in Howard County kicked off at the start of this month, and four markets open this week.
Howard County's five farmers markets are spread throughout the county and offer fresh, locally grown produce from early May through late October or November.
Here's where to find them:
• Howard County Library, Miller Branch, 9421 Frederick Road, Ellicott City. Runs Wednesdays from 2 to 6 p.m., May 7 through Nov. 19.
• Howard County General Hospital, Cedar Lane, Columbia. Runs Fridays from 2 to 6 p.m., May 9 through Oct. 31.
• Oakland Mills Village Center, 5852 Robert Oliver Place, Columbia. Runs Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 11 through Nov. 23.
• East Columbia Farmers' Market, Howard County Library's East Columbia Branch, 6600 Cradlerock Way, Columbia. Runs Thursdays from 2 to 6 p.m., May 1 through Nov. 6.
• Historic Ellicott City Old Town Market, Courtyards of Tonge Row and Parking Lot D, 3731 Hamilton St., Ellicott City. Runs Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 10 through Nov. 8.