Save 75% - Only $49.99 for 1 full year! digitalPLUS subscription offer ends 12/1
NewsMarylandHoward CountyColumbia

Family of four displaced in Columbia house fire

American Red Cross

A Columbia family of four was displaced after an accidental fire on Sunday night left their home in Hickory Ridge uninhabitable.

The fire, in the 6200 block of Cardinal Lane, was reported by an alarm company when a smoke detector on the home's second floor went off, according to the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

HCDFRS spokeswoman Jackie Cutler said the fire was dispatched at 7 p.m. Sunday, and it took 80 firefighters about two hours to get the blaze under control.

The family of four evacuated the home before responders arrived, and no injuries were reported, although one of the residents refused treatment.

The Red Cross has been called to assist the residents.

Damage estimates are pending and the fire is under investigation.

Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun
Related Content
American Red Cross
Comments
Loading