Twelve men have been charged with soliciting sex from undercover female officers in exchange for money along the U.S. 1 corridor in Laurel, Howard County police said Tuesday.
Thursday's arrests marked the third county police sting operation this year. Police have continued to target the area after receiving tips from residents. Officers previously arrested a total of 17 men. Last year, police made 76 arrests.
The following suspects were charged with solicitation of prostitution Thursday:
• Saul Aragon-Perez, 34, of Laurel
• Jeffrey E. Carter, 52, of Alexandria, Va.
• David James Loyd, 46, of Laurel
• Adelmo Marchorro-Vanes, 32, of Randallstown
• Armando Martinez, 46, of Silver Spring
• Dijohn Verandyn McGruder, 49, of Edgewater
• Ricardo Melhado, 31, of Glen Burnie
• Lawrence Obi Ngashu, 35, of Montgomery Village
• Earl Warren Richards, 50, of Capitol Heights
• William Harald Riley Sr., 44, of Laurel
• Juan Hector Saco, 43, of Columbia
• Manuel Sazo-Zepede, 27, of Columbia
Residents are asked to call 410-313-STOP with tips.