Howard County Police have arrested nine men accused of soliciting prostitution in the Route 1 corridor in Laurel.
The following men were charged Friday with solicitation of prostitution after they approached female officers working undercover:
• Billy O. Almadovar, 28, of Germantown
• Tony E. Betanga, 37, of Elkridge
• Mark D. Brooks, 47, of Columbia
• Robert Johnston, 49, of Elkridge
• Manuel C. Martinez-Bonilla, 34, of Laurel
• Tony A. Navarrete, 29, of Laurel
• Anselmo de Jesus Ramos, 42, of Hyattsville
• Prince Quiwonkpa Torres, 19, of Laurel
• Frankie C. Wleh, 35, of Rosedale
This incident was the second reverse prostitution sting this year, according to Howard County Police. Last year, 76 similar arrests took place after six operations, police said.