Howard County Police have arrested nine men accused of soliciting prostitution in the Route 1 corridor in Laurel.
The following men were charged Friday with solicitation of prostitution after they approached female officers working undercover:
• Tony E. Betanga, 37, of Elkridge
• Mark D. Brooks, 47, of Columbia
• Robert Johnston, 49, of Elkridge
• Manuel C. Martinez-Bonilla, 34, of Laurel
• Tony A. Navarrete, 29, of Laurel
• Anselmo de Jesus Ramos, 42, of Hyattsville
• Prince Quiwonkpa Torres, 19, of Laurel
• Frankie C. Wleh, 35, of Rosedale
This incident was the second reverse prostitution sting this year, according to Howard County Police. Last year, 76 similar arrests took place after six operations, police said.
Nine men charged in Laurel reverse prostitution operation
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.