Jayson and Sylvie Dickson recently returned from a trip to the Florida Keys where they enjoyed themselves by relaxing and checking out the local cuisine.
Sally Powell enjoyed a week back home visiting with family in Dayton, Ohio. Also during the weekend she went to her cousin Diane's wedding to Sam Moore. She was lucky enough to catch the bouquet.
Maryland Job's Daughters Bethel 55 in Port Deposit is holding a yard sale at Harmony Lodge on Jacob Tome Highway Saturday from 8 a.m. until things slow down and they pack up.
Dates to remember:
• Mark your calendars to visit the Perryville Farmer's Market every Friday from 3 to 7 p.m. until Oct. 25. The Farmer's Market is at Broad Street and Roundhouse Drive. Local produce, mushrooms, honey, hot and fresh homemade potato chips made while you wait are available, as are candles and homemade scented soaps.
• St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Aberdeen will hold a holiday bazaar on Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Vendors are needed so if you are interested in selling your crafts, call the St. Paul's office at 410-272-3111.
• The Har-Ce Cedarettes will hold a flapjack breakfast at Applebee's in Aberdeen on Nov. 9 from 8 to 10 a.m. For tickets call Diane Smith at 410-939-2754.
• The Havre de Grace Elks Lodge is having a waffle buffet breakfast on Sunday (Sept. 29), from 8 to 11 a.m.; cost is $6 per person.
Happy 19th wedding anniversary to my sister Kim and her husband John Jenkins on Oct. 1.
Vicki Strause is sent wishes on her Oct. 1 birthday. The following day her son Erich celebrates his birthday
Get well wishes and thinking of you wishes go to Debbie Raynovich, David Holley, Cal McMillion, Cheryl Simms, Gladys Watsic, David Holley, Mildred Martin, Cliff Voris, Eleanor Kight, Sharon Pryer, Ken McNeeley, Frankie Garland, Howard "Doc" Malin, Charles Schafer, Marianne Lilley, Dorothy Saunders, George Wilson, Mae Antonelli, Doris Hess, Meryl McLaughlin, Ralph Speakman, Betty McFadden, Betty and Jim Fayer, Bo Sinclair, Georgia Gransky, Helen Wood Bagley, Frances Riale, Marianne and Tom Pryer, June Peddicord, Dona and Andy Larkins, Bonnie Wagner, Ethel Dill, Pastor Henry Schaefer, Terry Thurman, Leslie Dissek, Stephen Pyle, Vicki Snyder, Jeannie Brison, Bobby Steward, Nancy Quinn, Adam Zeller, Sandy Brooks, Janet and Pastor Neale Wirtanen, Gisela Knapp, Kit Harris, Sharon Todd, Margaret Gosweiler, Wayne Erickson, Pauline Gosweiler, Ed Illick, Rosemary Ronning, June Gangel, Joe Pacifico, Dennis Bolen, Herb Southall, Mary Lou Southall, Bonnie Donoho, and Peggy Scholl, Ben Caldwell, Michael Caldwell, Glynnis Perry, Paul Newcomer, Ginger Eastridge, Roger Southall, Jeannie Bryson and Bonnie Plitcka.
Thank you to all those who submit items for the column. Keep those birthdays, anniversaries, special parties and celebrations, family functions, vacations and anything you want to see in print coming to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. And don't forget to mark the subject line "ARTICLE FOR THE RECORD."
Today, according to the Cecil County Almanac, Augustine Herman wrote his last will and testament in 1684
Important dates is U.S. history for a day in the week of Sept. 23-27:
• Sept. 24, 1934 was the day of the last game Babe Ruth played for the Yankees;
• Sept. 25, 1513, Balboa discovered the Pacific Ocean.
Also, today is "Talk like a Pirate Day."