Week Five in Harford County high school did not disappoint, as the local teams saw plenty of thrills and tight finishes.

North Harford thumped Havre de Grace, 42-7. Bel Air had its last-minute lead against Perryville dissolve in a 45-42 loss. Fallston beat Aberdeen, 19-14, with the help of a last-second field goal. Joppatowne defeated Harford Tech, 22-8. Patterson Mill won by the closest of margins, beating C. Milton Wright, 13-12. Edgewood suffered a tough loss, 49-13, to St. Mary's Ryken.

Hawks beat Warriors

In Havre de Grace, where James R. Harris Stadium was officially dedicated before the Warriors hosted North Harford, Hawks quarterback Nic Hammer stole the spotlight.

The senior scored all six North Harford touchdowns as the Hawks (2-0, 3-1) rolled over Havre de Grace, 42-7, in an UCBAC Chesapeake (upper) Division game.

Hammer scored on runs of 11 and 46 yards in the first quarter. A one-yard Hammer sneak accounted for the Hawks lone second quarter score.

Hammer wasted no time scoring number four, racing 49 yards to pay dirt on the second play of the half. Like a replay, Hammer added a 44-yard scoring run the next time the Hawks had the ball.

Hammer's final score came late in the third quarter from 29 yards out. Kicker Sean Bowling provided all six extra-point kicks. Bowling also attempted a 47-yard field goal at the end of the first half, but it was wide left, with plenty of distance.

Havre de Grace (0-2, 2-3) avoided the shutout when Jordan Hawthorne (seven carries, 97 yards) busted off an 80-yard touchdown run in the third quarter. Geno Nappi kicked the extra-point.

Bel Air stopped by Perryville

The Bel Air Bobcats were a defensive stop away Friday night from ending Perryville's 24-game regular season winning streak, but they could not keep the host-team Panthers out of the end zone in the game's final minute, and the contest ended as a 45-42 loss for the visitors.

The defeat dropped Bel Air to 3-2 for the season, and 0-2 in Chesapeake Division games.

The two teams, after ending the third quarter within one point of each other, saved the best for last, with each scoring a pair of touchdowns over the final seven minutes. 

Bel Air, which was trailing, 29-28, took its first lead of the game halfway through the fourth quarter when Devin Bowers capped a drive to the Perryville four by barreling into the end zone for a touchdown. The Bobcats converted on the two-point conversion to take a 36-29 advantage. 

Perryville wrestled the lead back on its next possession, scoring on a quarterback keeper, then adding a two-point conversion to go up, 37-36. 

With just under 90 seconds left on the clock, Bel Air went back ahead in dramatic fashion, as quarterback Matt Wallace, flushed out of the pocket by the Perryville defense and nearly sacked, threw to Daniel Forrester for a 45-yard touchdown. Bel Air's two-point conversion attempt was stopped by Perryville, leaving the Bobcats with a 42-37 lead. 

Perryville got the ball back one last time, and managed to score what would be the game-winning touchdown on a 17-yard quarterback scramble with 40 seconds left. The two-point conversion gave Perryville its final 45-42 edge.

The Bobcats, however, were not finished. On Perryville's ensuing kickoff, Bel Air return man Arnold Davis found daylight and sprinted for the opposing end zone, but the Panther kick off unit brought him down on the 15. With 25 seconds left and no timeouts, Bel Air went to the air on the first play from scrimmage, but Wallace's pass to the end zone was picked off by Perryville's secondary. 

Perryville opened the scoring in the first quarter with a three-yard touchdown run and an extra-point kick.

Later in the first quarter, Bel Air answered with a drive to the Perryville 10, which ended with a touchdown scramble by Wallace. Bel Air's extra-point attempt went wide, leaving the Bobcats behind, 7-6.