www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/bs-md-ha-kitchen-fire-20130108,0,5516583.story

baltimoresun.com

Kitchen fire damages Edgewood home

No injuries, flames did not spread to neighboring townhomes

By Jessica Anderson, The Baltimore Sun

7:39 AM EST, January 8, 2013

Advertisement

A small kitchen fire caused by a pot left on the stove damaged an Edgewood home early Tuesday morning but no injuries were reported, according to the Joppa-Magnolia Volunteer Fire Company.

Firefighters were called at 2:35 a.m. to the 600 block of Harr Park Court, where smoke was pouring from a two-story townhouse. Crews extinguished a small fire in the kitchen.

Fire officials said residents sleeping on the second floor were alerted by smoke detectors and they were not injured.

The fire caused about $2,500 in damage to the home, but did not damage any others, according to the department.

jkanderson@baltsun.com

  • Text NEWS to 70701 to get Baltimore Sun local news text alerts