Become a digitalPLUS subscriber. $12 for 12 weeks.
News Maryland Harford County

Campers taken to hospital after exposure to repellent

Four children and one adult at a summer camp in Jarrettsville were hospitalized overnight after being exposed to deer and rabbit repellent in two cabins on the camp's grounds, according to Harford County Fire and EMS officials.

Fire officials and hazmat units responded to Camp Wo-Me-To in the 1200 block of Knopp Road for a report of an exposure to an unknown chemical late Tuesday, and eventually transported the children and the adult to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.

More than a dozen others were evaluated at the scene, officials said.

Both cabins were later deemed safe after being ventilated early Wednesday morning, officials said.

krector@baltsun.com

twitter.com/rectorsun

Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun
Related Content
Comments
Loading