Three hurt in separate incidents across Harford on July 4th

The July 4th holiday was breezy and sunny for holiday barbecues and parades, but it wasn’t without a few accidents that sent several people to local trauma centers.

From a car crash early Friday morning, to a trampoline mishap Friday evening, three people were injured in three separate incidents across Harford County.

The most recent involved a 3-year-old child who was injured while jumping on a trampoline in the 300 block of Brunswick Drive around 8:30 p.m.

According to the Harford Fire & EMS Association’s Facebook page, the Medevac helicopter was requested to take the child to a regional trauma center.

On its Facebook page, Harford Fire Blog posted the helicopter had been requested but was canceled and the patient was to be taken by land for medical treatment.

The call was handled by an ambulance from Jarrettsville Volunteer Fire Company, which was covering for Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company as its members participated in the July 4th parade.

Earlier in the afternoon, a Pennsylvania man was injured when he crashed his motorcycle on Route 24 in northern Harford County.

Around 3:30 p.m., Kyle William Baldwin, 23, of Stewartstown, was driving a black Yamaha on Route 24 near Cherry Hill Road, according to Sgt. Comer of the Maryland State Police Bel Air Barrack.

Baldwin lost control of the motorcycle going around a turn, laid down his bike and slid into a guardrail. He was taken by ambulance to Johns Hopkins Bayview Hospital in Baltimore with non-life-threatening injuries, Comer said.

 Earlier Friday morning, a 36-year-old Bel Air man was hurt in an accident in which alcohol may have been a factor, Comer said.

The crash happened at 2:56 a.m. on Route 24 near Singer Road.

Timothy Maurice Gray, of Van Dyke Lane, was driving south on Route 24 near Singer Road when he went off the left side of the road and crossed the median, Comer said. Gray crossed Singer Road and back over the median, hit a traffic control sign then overturned, Comer said.

Gray was taken by ambulance to Bayview; troopers had requested the Medevac but it was unable to fly because of bad weather.

Comer said troopers smelled alcohol and are awaiting results of blood tests taken at the hospital; no charges have been filed.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad