A gas leak was reported on Bel Air's Moores Mill Road in the area of Harford Day School shortly before noon, the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association reported on its website.
Original reports said students were being evacuated, but a school administrator said that was not the case.
The leak was caused by the ongoing construction in the area, association spokesman Rich Gardiner said.
"The road has been closed for months due to road projects there," Gardiner said. "it is only open to local traffic."Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun