In Friday's week-three football action, the big scores kept coming, with three squads going over the 40-point mark in their victories.

Those claiming victories in Friday's matchups were Patterson Mill, Havre de Grace, Fallston, C. Milton Wright, Bel Air, Aberdeen and John Carroll.

Patterson Mill knocked off Joppatowne, 34-14; Havre de Grace defeated North East, 30-14; C. Milton Wright routed St. Andrew's 61-0; Bel Air, the high scorer of the evening, torched Edgewood, 62-14; Fallston came away with a 40-7 win over Rising Sun; Aberdeen belted Elkton, 47-7; and John Carroll held for to a 14-8 win over Avalon; while North Harford suffered a 24-21 overtime loss against Loyola.

John Carroll also posted another victory, edging the Avalon School, 14-8, Saturday afternoon.

Sign up to receive our free daily email newsletter: Bel Air Today

Patterson Mill over Joppatowne

After a relatively sedate first half which saw a combined 13 points from the two teams, the host Patterson Mill Huskies (3-0) racked up 27 tallies over the final two quarters to knock off visiting Joppatowne (0-3) Friday night.

After opening the contest with a defensive stop of the Mariners, Patterson Mill took over on the Joppatowne 41 in the game's second minute, and drove to opposing 30, where the drive ended with a 30-yard touchdown run by the Huskies' Trey Hall. A.J. Brocato hit the extra-point kick and the Huskies were up, 7-0.

The two teams exchanged the ball four times before the end of the first quarter, but neither side could find the opposing end zone.

Starting the second quarter on deep in Patterson Mill territory, the Mariners got their first touchdown of the game on a 10-yard scoring pass from quarterback Kenny Baroch to receiver Will Downs. The Mariners, however, failed to score on their two-point conversion attempt, which left them trailing by one.

The ball changed hands four times during the balance of the first half, and again the two teams went silent. Patterson Mill went into the locker room at halftime still holding a one-point advantage.

Starting the third quarter on their own 42, the Huskies quickly moved to Joppatowne's six yard line, and then found their second score of the night as quarterback Austin Baltimore fired a touchdown pass to Hall. Brocato nailed his second point-after attempt to put Patterson Mill up, 14-6.

After getting the ball back in Joppatowne's territory via an interception, the Huskies saw Baltimore strike again, this time hitting Brocato with a 17-yard touchdown pass. The extra-point kick, however, went wide, leaving Patterson Mill with a 20-6 lead.

In a drive that was interrupted by the end of the third quarter, the Huskies moved the ball from their own 17 all the way to the Joppatowne goal line. Taking the ball into the end zone all on his own was Baltimore, who dived across for a one-yard touchdown. The extra-point kick by Brocato went through, giving the hosts a 27-6 lead.

On their next possession, the Huskies drove from their own 20 to the Joppatowne two, where Devinn Fisher busted through the line for what would be his team's final touchdown of the evening. Brocato hit his fourth point-after kick of the night and Patterson Mill was leading, 34-6.

With two minutes left before the game's end, Baroch connected with Downs once again, this time for a 19-yard touchdown pass. Joppatowne converted on the two-point play, making the score 34-14.

Warriors beat Indians

For the second week in a row, Havre de Grace's first touch of the football resulted in a special teams touchdown and the Warriors (2-1) rallied from it for a 30-14 win over North East at James R. Harris Stadium.

Josh Penn took back a punt 60 yards to paydirt less than two minutes into the game and Geno Nappi's extra-point kick made it 7-0 early.

North East countered on its next possession, tying the game 7-7. Indians quarterback Garren Davidson ran 29 yards for the score. Davidson's 26-yard pass to Brian Rawls set up the run.

Two consecutive turnovers by the Warriors halted drives with the second, a fumble resulting from a high snap, setting up the Indians for a go-ahead score. Davidson and Rawls hooked up again for 14 yards and a score. The extra-point kick was good, giving North East a 14-7 lead with 1:49 left in the half.