Gas leak hits Bel Air condo building Sunday, also had fire last week

A Bel Air condo building that was the scene of a fire late last week was also evacuated after a gas leak Sunday.

About 10 residents were evacuated from the building on Selvin Way, behind the Greenbrier Shopping Center off Todd Road and Knollcrest Drive, Sunday evening after a gas leak was reported, Rich Gardiner, spokesman for the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association said.

"We evacuated the building, secured the leak and vented the building," Gardiner said Monday.

Four engines and a tower responded from the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company, with 25 personnel, he said.

On Thursday, the same building was damaged by fire shortly before 10 a.m.

"Upon their arrival[,] personnel found water coming from a rear patio door area. Crews entered and located a fire between the third and fourth floors of the structure," Gardiner had posted earlier on the Association's Facebook page.

No injuries were reported and residents were sheltered in place after the fire, he said.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad