Three people were taken to the hospital Thursday afternoon after what was described as a "white powder" was found at a business in Abingdon, the Harford County Volunteer Fire & EMS Association said.
The substance was found to be not hazardous, association spokesman Rich Gardiner said.
The powder was found at about 1:30 p.m. at Bogan's Plumbing, in the 1300 block of Continental Drive, near Governor Court. Eddie Hopkins, spokesman for the Harford County Sheriff's Office, said the powder was found in a package mailed to the business.
Three people were taken to a local hospital for minor injuries, Gardiner said.
He would not identify the hospital or provide any more details on the victims.
Gardiner also said he could not disclose the identity of the substance while an investigation is in progress.
"The product was tested and found to be non-hazardous, and poses no threats to those transported," he said. "Once the investigation is complete, we will release the confirmed results."
Hopkins said the Sheriff's Office did not have further details to release about the incident.