Edgewood man charged with attempted murder in stabbing near MARC station

An Edgewood man has been charged with attempted murder in connection with a May 14 stabbing near the Edgewood MARC train station of a man the suspect believed might be a snitch, according to court charging documents.

Police found a 23-year-old man suffering from stab wounds to his abdomen and arm at about 12:10 a.m. on Carroll Avenue, in the neighborhood just north of the train station, according to charging documents.

Several people were standing around the victim, according to the documents.

The victim was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Hospital in Baltimore and was expected to fully recover. He later identified Delvonta Taiowon Eunnela Brown, 20, as the suspect, and Brown was subsequently arrested.

Brown, whose address is listed as the 500 block of Jamestown Court in Edgewood, is charged with attempted second-degree murder, first-degree assault and having a knife with intent to injure.

A witness told police people were talking about the victim possibly being an informant and how he should "respect the neighborhood," according to charging documents.

The witness also said Brown and the victim had been fighting, and Brown fled after the stabbing, according to charging documents.

Harford County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Cristie Kahler said she did not know if the stabbing incident is gang-related or if the victim and his assailant knew each other.

Brown was not able to be present for a bail review in Harford County District Court Thursday because he was in the hospital, a representative of the State's Attorney's Office said. During a bail review hearing Friday afternoon, officials said the suspect had been at the hospital having a procedure done on an infected portion of one of his hands.

Brown was originally held on $500,000 bail, which was continued by District Court Judge David E. Carey during Friday afternoon's bail review, and he remains at the Harford County Detention Center.

Brown also was being held on bail in two unrelated traffic cases from Baltimore County. In one case, the bail was set at $20,000 and in the other it was set at $10,000. Carey reduced the $20,000 bail to $10,000 and left the other at $10,000 as originally set.

Copyright © 2017, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad