Woman charged, three stabbed in Edgewood fight

A woman has been charged following a fight in Edgewood Thursday evening that sent one woman to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore and injured at least two others.

Danielle Kirksey, 25, of the 1600 block of Edgewood Road in Edgewood, is charged with first and second-degree assault following the fight and stabbing, police said.

Kirksey was released Saturday from the Harford County Detention Center on $250,000 bond, according to court records.

Edward Hopkins, spokesperson for the Harford County Sheriff's Office, said the incident began shortly before 6 p.m. The original emergency call for a stabbing in the 500 block of Candlewood Court was broadcast at 6:04 p.m.

Hopkins said it appears the fight broke out between two women in the 500 block of Candlewood Drive, stemming from an ongoing dispute between them.

"One was getting the better of the other," Hopkins said, when a third woman stepped in to "try to get even," he said. One woman, later identified as Kirksey, allegedly pulled out a knife, he said, and started swinging it around and hit a number of people.

The most seriously injured woman, who was one of the fighters, was later identified as Tyirra Smith, 24, of the 500 block of Candlewood Drive. She was taken to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center to be treated for a head wound that was not life-threatening, Hopkins said.

Samirah Easter, 28, of the 900 block of Topview Drive in Edgewood, and April Anderson, 42, of Candlewood Drive, were taken to Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air to be treated for cuts to their arms and shoulders, Hopkins said.

Easter and Anderson were taken in for questioning and later released, Hopkins said. He said the incident remains under investigation.

Hopkins said deputies are unsure what precipitated the fight or what additional charges might be filed.

Kirksey had a bail hearing before Judge David Carey in Harford County District Court in Bel Air Friday afternoon.

Public Defender Bruce Andres, who represented Kirksey, requested to have the bail hearing waived; however, Carey said he wanted to hear from the prosecutor.

Assistant State's Attorney Chris Smith said the victim who was taken to shock trauma suffered from a "six-inch long stab wound across the forehead all the way to the skull."

Smith said Kirksey also has a retaliation against a witness charge pending.

Copyright © 2018, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad