A man was flown to the regional burn center in Baltimore Monday night with injuries sustained in a fire in a house near Port Deposit. Investigators said the fire originated in the garage.
(Photo by Amanda Guthrie on Cecil County Fire Blog / The Aegis / April 1, 2014)
A man was flown to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore Monday night after he was injured in a fire at a Port Deposit area house.
The victim, whose age was not available Monday night, was flown to the hospital in a Maryland State Police Medevac, according to Senior Deputy State Fire Marshal Oliver Alkire of the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
Local fire companies were alerted to the fire in the 800 block of Dr. Jack Road at 7:17 p.m. Monday, according to Alkire.
The Fire Marshal's Office was still looking over the scene Monday night, but Alkire said via text message that "preliminary investigation" showed the fire started in a garage attached to the house.
No other injuries were reported.
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more
about the new features.
The Baltimore Sun encourages civil dialogue related to our stories; you must register and log-in to our site in order to participate. We reserve the right to remove any user and to delete comments that violate our Terms of Service
. By commenting, you agree to these terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.