Fifteen people were displaced from their homes after a two-alarm fire struck a building in Perryville early Monday morning, the Office of the State Fire Marshal reported.
Firefighters responded to the blaze, in the 700 block of Susquehanna Avenue, at 4:35 a.m., according to a news release from fire investigators.
The fire was caused by an exhaust fan in a second-floor bathroom. The damage is estimated at $200,000 to the two-story building.
Approximately 50 firefighters from fire companies in Perryville, Port Deposit, Rising Sun, Perry Point, North East, Havre de Grace and Aberdeen spent about 90 minutes to control the "stubborn" blaze that traveled through the common attic void space above the units, according to the release.
No one was injured in the fire. The displaced occupants are being assisted by the American Red Cross, the Fire Marshal's Office said.